Gunslinger Forum.com

A Heritage Firearms Rough Rider Fan Site.
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Gunslingerforum.com.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Forum rules

As with any great game there are rules.

1: This is a Family Site that means:
__ a: No sexually explicit pictures or avaters.
__ b: No vulgar profanity. (Keep it PG)
__ c: No personal insults (Argue the point, not the person.)

2: Keep all political/religious debates civil. Different viewpoints are good. Hating someone for that different is bad.

3: No "smack-talk" of someone elses gun. Every gun is a Heirloom to it's owner.

4: No spamming or fly-by-night sales. This isn't free-advertising.com! Go sell your stuff somewhere else.

5: If you don't like guns or shooting hobbies, go somewhere else! There are other places to go that feel that way and would love you to join them. Let us enjoy our hobby!

6: Have fun! You're here to relax and enjoy yourself. Keep it light and don't get caught up in the gun-smoke!

Post subject: Remake of the Pepperbox!
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:04 pm 

Highscores: 1
I saw this while perusing Gunblast's Media Day at the Range video I saw this unique firearm from Standard.

It's called the S333 Volleyfire and it looks like a modern version of the pepperbox.

Gotta say first, I HATE the gold and pink versions! The gold is ugly, but that pink is downright dangerous. Looks too much like a Barbi-doll accessory.

The Volleyfire holds six .25 Caliber cartridges, but fires TWO at once! I'm guessing at the 12 and 6 O'clock positions. This is a definite belly gun because I can see those two rounds spreading from some weird harmonics with the cylinder barrels.

Standard says the gun will be out soon with a price under $300.

Link: https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/six-barrel-twin-shot-carry-gun-standard-mfg-s333-volleyfire-shot-show-2017/

Post subject: Re: Remake of the Pepperbox!
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:50 am 
Gunslinger
Gunslinger

Favorite Heritage: 6 1/2"
Ulmus wrote:
The Volleyfire holds six .25 Caliber cartridges, but fires TWO at once! I'm guessing at the 12 and 6 O'clock positions. This is a definite belly gun because I can see those two rounds spreading from some weird harmonics with the cylinder barrels.

Standard says the gun will be out soon with a price under $300.

Link: https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/six-barrel-twin-shot-carry-gun-standard-mfg-s333-volleyfire-shot-show-2017/

The linked article says, "The S333 fires two shots with each trigger pull. It does this with a pair of rotating firing pins. That is not a typo. The S333 has two of firings pin (sic), and fires two shots per trigger pull."

I agree on the colors. I guess marketing to women plays a part, but they shouldn't be made to look like toys. I see problems with the two-fer idea, since a lot of people can't hit what they're aiming at with one shot. A double miss means two rounds hunting for a victim if the shooter misses. If it were never used as anything but a "belly-gun" the odds of hitting the target would be much better, but we know someone somewhere will take a shot from across the street.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:59 pm 

Exactly! You just know it's gonna happen.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:52 pm 
Gunslinger
Gunslinger

Favorite Heritage: 6.5in. Blue 22 Combo
I actually like it. I have always been kind of intrigued by pepperbox pistols. That 'under $300' would have to change to more like 'under $200' to really get me interested, though. That said, I hope they sell a blue million of them and that those sales result in the kind of ammo revival and innovation in the .25acp that we saw in the .380acp after Kel Tec came out with the P3AT. I have always liked the concept for the intended use of the .25 (after all, it was a John Browning idea and creation) and a little .25 auto was my first handgun so I have a soft spot for it. I have to believe that, although it will never be a top performer because the potential just isn't there, the industry could come up with much better options in .25 ammo than we currently have (without going to a new chambering like the .25 NAA did.)

One question I do have, however, regards how they are getting away with the 'fires two at once' thing. It looks to only have a single trigger and I was under the impression that a gun that fires more than one round with a single pull of a single trigger falls in the 'tax stamp required' category. I will be interested to see if the Basically Against True Freedom Everywhere folks end up putting the kibosh on this. I seem to recall that 20 gauge revolver that Taurus planned to make a few years ago actually making it as far as the SHOT show before it got shut down (because, unlike .45/.410 there is no solid projectile rifle/pistol round that corresponds to 20 gauge.)

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:52 am 
Gunslinger
Gunslinger

Favorite Heritage: 6 1/2"
And that is an excellent question, Jab! I think you're right, and they'll be having a conversation soon with the BATFErs.

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:18 pm 

I think we're going to see a lot of reviews of the BATFE soon.

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:50 pm 
Gunslinger
Gunslinger

Favorite Heritage: 6.5in. Blue 22 Combo
Personally, I am a fan of the saying, "Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency."

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:28 pm 

My brother in law just bought a shirt with that slogan. :grin1: