Gunslinger Forum.com

A Heritage Firearms Rough Rider Fan Site.
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Gunslingerforum.com.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Forum rules

As with any great game there are rules.

1: This is a Family Site that means:
__ a: No sexually explicit pictures or avaters.
__ b: No vulgar profanity. (Keep it PG)
__ c: No personal insults (Argue the point, not the person.)

2: Keep all political/religious debates civil. Different viewpoints are good. Hating someone for that different is bad.

3: No "smack-talk" of someone elses gun. Every gun is a Heirloom to it's owner.

4: No spamming or fly-by-night sales. This isn't free-advertising.com! Go sell your stuff somewhere else.

5: If you don't like guns or shooting hobbies, go somewhere else! There are other places to go that feel that way and would love you to join them. Let us enjoy our hobby!

6: Have fun! You're here to relax and enjoy yourself. Keep it light and don't get caught up in the gun-smoke!

Post subject: My 32H&R Heritage Revolver
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:02 pm 
Registered Guest
Registered Guest

Favorite Heritage: 32 H&R
Its been years since I posted my experiences with my new revolver, however it developed a trait of the firing pin not hitting the shell in the center, I did not paid that much attention until it was too late, I think it just progressed until one shell was hit in between the primer and the shell and my cylinder failed blew up and froze; At home after some juggling I removed the cylinder and I had to use a dowel and a hammer to take out the shell, it was ovious what had happened, I had an extra cylinder and took the pistol to a local gunsmith, he suggested not to fire the pistol with the new cylinder until somebody at Heritage would give the pistol a clean bill of health, sent a letter to Heritage and never got an answer, sent an Email and the same thing, I waited a few weeks and contacted them and through "chat" I talked to a lady I was told that the pistol needed a new cylinder,wow! and it would be 35.00 for shop work and 30.00 for a new cylinder, I asked what had been done to the pistol, did not get an answer, I explained that I had send an extra cylinder but no explanation, I was told to send the 35.00 or they would send the pistol back, at that time I was disconnected, I finally gave up and end another email telling them that I wanted to know what was the problem and up to date I have not received a reason, so I was not comfortable firing the pistol without knowing what was the reason and if I could not get an answer to keep the pistol and dispose of it; So much for customer service, I have learned my lesson, no more Heritage.
Martin Ramirez Jr

Post subject: Re: My 32H&R Heritage Revolver
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:50 am 
Gunslinger
Gunslinger

Favorite Heritage: 6 1/2"
Time frame? When did the cylinder blow? When did you finally manage to contact Heritage?

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:29 pm 
Registered Guest
Registered Guest

Favorite Heritage: 32 H&R
About 3 months ago and sent letter right after

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:26 pm 

Highscores: 1
Sorry for your troubles. I hate it when customer service fails. Don't they realize that we are the ones that keep the company going? Ugh!