Gunslinger Forum.com

A Heritage Firearms Rough Rider Fan Site.
It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Gunslingerforum.com.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Forum rules

As with any great game there are rules.

1: This is a Family Site that means:
__ a: No sexually explicit pictures or avaters.
__ b: No vulgar profanity. (Keep it PG)
__ c: No personal insults (Argue the point, not the person.)

2: Keep all political/religious debates civil. Different viewpoints are good. Hating someone for that different is bad.

3: No "smack-talk" of someone elses gun. Every gun is a Heirloom to it's owner.

4: No spamming or fly-by-night sales. This isn't free-advertising.com! Go sell your stuff somewhere else.

5: If you don't like guns or shooting hobbies, go somewhere else! There are other places to go that feel that way and would love you to join them. Let us enjoy our hobby!

6: Have fun! You're here to relax and enjoy yourself. Keep it light and don't get caught up in the gun-smoke!

Post subject: Bersa 9 UC
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:58 am 
Posse
Posse

Part 1,

I can't seem to find a front sight for my Bersa 9UC that I like and don't break. I bought a set from Hiviz, didn't like the rear, was to low. The front one broke after 300 rounds. I found 2 that I wanted to buy, but darn,, they want from $50 to $60 plus for them. So it was time to build my own.
I took out my front sight and drilled it so a light pipe would fit through. I got a tight fit, but the front end stuck out too far and I know it would catch on something, so I beveled the hole so the pipe would fit in better. I liked how it came out so I glued and cut it. Then filed the end smooth. Then re-installed it. I think it came out pretty good. Total time,, bout 2. I had the light pipes that fit my smoke poll.

Post subject: Re: Bersa 9 UC
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:00 am 
Posse
Posse

Part 2

Well, my 2 extra sights came today. I can see having one spare, but what the heck do I need to keep two for?
Soo, out to the man cave,
It was said that it could use some more day light getting to it, I agree, it can't hurt.
I drilled one so the pipe will fit. Getting it all lined up is the hard part. Then I drilled two more holes to gather light. It does look like it worked. Now for the beveled part, it does stick out way to much for my thinking, and I might of took the first one in too much, so I settled on this amount.
I can see a difference. I'll install it tomorrow, we have rain coming now. It does look like I'm done with this project.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:17 am 
Posse
Posse

Part 3

Well, I got my weapon sighted in to where I like it, but the wind came up a lil as I was shooting the swinging targets. So I'll try again when the wind is down a bit. (Un-zoomed)

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:28 am 
Posse
Posse

Shucks, I wonder iffin I should of posted this in the "Other Hand Guns" forum?

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:11 pm 

Highscores: 1
It's ok. This forum is meant for the Stealth 9 ad Heritage's snub nosed double action revolver, but since it wasn't used I see no problem with this.

Good job on the sights! I like how you posted the pictures and the video as links.

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:51 am 
Posse
Posse

Thank ya Boss.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:46 pm 

Highscores: 1
:smiley1: