Gunslinger Forum.com

A Heritage Firearms Rough Rider Fan Site.
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Gunslingerforum.com.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Forum rules

As with any great game there are rules.

1: This is a Family Site that means:
__ a: No sexually explicit pictures or avaters.
__ b: No vulgar profanity. (Keep it PG)
__ c: No personal insults (Argue the point, not the person.)

2: Keep all political/religious debates civil. Different viewpoints are good. Hating someone for that different is bad.

3: No "smack-talk" of someone elses gun. Every gun is a Heirloom to it's owner.

4: No spamming or fly-by-night sales. This isn't free-advertising.com! Go sell your stuff somewhere else.

5: If you don't like guns or shooting hobbies, go somewhere else! There are other places to go that feel that way and would love you to join them. Let us enjoy our hobby!

6: Have fun! You're here to relax and enjoy yourself. Keep it light and don't get caught up in the gun-smoke!

Post subject: over sized grips
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:12 am 
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Favorite Heritage: RR .22
i have a 22 cal. rough rider grips feel kind of small in my hand do they make or does any one make grips larger i have some purple heart wood i would love to have grips made of . custom purple heart grips would be cool

Post subject: Re: over sized grips
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:36 am 
Scout
Scout

Heritage sells some big ones... they're not purple heart though. :dunno:
I like the small grips myself. I've got a set of oversized stags for my Ruger and they give me the creeps. My hands are not small, I just don't like the big ones for some reason. In fact I'd rather shoot the RoughRider over the Ruger because of the grips!
A buddy has a Hawes single shot (Stevens copy) that I shoot once in a while. That thing has some tiny grips. I love to shoot it though.

Post subject: Re: over sized grips
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:39 pm 

Wow? I have to admit I had no idea they sold oversized grips? Is this something new? Or am I just as unobservant as always? lol

I like the looks of those too! But I'm curious.....Why do they say they're "reccomended" for "adjustable sites" models and nothing said about the standard fixed site models?