Gunslinger Forum.com

A Heritage Firearms Rough Rider Fan Site.
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to Gunslingerforum.com.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: NEW Heritage .45/410 Big Bore for 2010!
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:32 pm 

Highscores: 1
Heritage unveiled their newest product at SHOT. The Big Bore .45/410 combo revolver.

Made entirely in-house, this single action revolver will chamber either .45 colt ammunition or 2&1/2 inch 410 gauge shotgun shells. The barrel is 4 inches long and the gun has is finished in satin black to reduce glare.

As you can see from the back, the rear sight is fixed utilizing the tried and true groove and the revolver has oversized grips made of cocobolo wood.

The front sight is the Red fiber optic that is great for low light.

And, of course, the new .45/410 revolver features the hammer block saftey that Heritage is known for.

Heritage's new revolver will be available sometime in either June or July 2010 for an amzingly low MSRP of $399.00!

Here's a vid from SHOT

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSl6_mikVlM[/youtube]

Report this post

Post subject: Re: NEW Heritage .45/410 Big Bore for 2010!
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:40 pm 

That is mighty fine and the price is smokin'. :goodjob: Way to go Heritage.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:21 pm 

That's what I was waiting to hear! Great pricing!
That sholuld mean we can see a retail price around 350 or so! :thumbsup:

Did they happen to mention if they planned on making a 3" mag version?

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:50 pm 
Gunslinger
Gunslinger

Very interesting. :gunslinger: :clap2: This concept is hot right now. Heritage is certainly not sleeping.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:40 pm 

Definitley! I've never seen a concept like this take off so fast.

No word on a 3 inch magnum version. Plan on Heritage to perfect the standard version first before expanding on the idea.

I loaded up the vid for you guys. Enjoy.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:36 am 
Posse
Posse

Favorite Heritage: 22/22mag
this will be my new woods gun , i was waiting for heritage to come out with something like this ,and i think with the price this will out sell the judge .

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:01 am 

I've been hankerin for a Judge for quite some time now. But I'd definitely go with this Heritage before a Judge now! :grin1:

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:37 am 
Gunslinger
Gunslinger

Favorite Heritage: 6 1/2"
Ermmm...how much does that sucker weigh, and does it comes with swivel sling studs? :whistle:

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:55 am 
Posse
Posse

Favorite Heritage: 22/22mag
me to ape i just didn't like a couple of things, first was the price(600),and didn't like the feel.I got to shoot one the first model and i didn't like the feel of the grip it was the rubbery one with all the little raised things it felt weird in the hand. Ulmus Ive got a questiondid they givie u a weight on this ?

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:19 pm 
Gunslinger
Gunslinger

Favorite Heritage: 6.5in. Blue 22 Combo
The most common complaint I have heard about the Judge is that the shallow rifling necessary to keep the .410 shot from assuming a doughnut pattern also keeps the .45 Colt rounds from being very accurate. With the lessened effect of .410 shot from a short barrel, it was almost like the Judge combined the worst of both worlds (weaker shot and less accurate solids.) I wonder if the Heritage model will address some of those concerns. I also wonder if offering it with the 6.5 inch barrel (maybe later?) might not help give a little more oomph to the shot and maybe even a little more accuracy to the .45 Colt ammo (since the bullet will be in contact with the rifling - even if it is shallow - for a greater length.) I am glad to see Heritage doing this as it does seem to be a popular combo right now. I really wish they'd just go ahead and offer a .44 Magnum big bore, though.

Funny thing, just week before last I was wondering why Heritage didn't go with the whole niche company thing and produce a few revolver rifles. Reading about the problems with the original revolving rifles, though, I could see why they hadn't. Now, lo and behold, just a few days after wondering about this I saw that Taurus had a revolving rifle at the SHOT show. I think they are calling it 'The Circuit Judge' and it is a long-gun version of the Judge - complete with a shield on one side of the cylinder to protect the support hand/arm from cylinder splash. To me, that looks like a good idea - and now I'm back to wishing that Heritage would produce an HRRR - Heritage Rough Rider Rifle.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:39 pm 

I think I read about that Judge Rifle over at Shooter's Forum in the Rossi Carbine section. I liked the stock on it. I could see Heritage doing something like that in the future. Just as a slot in the fore-end of the stock for the ejector assembly and you're all set. I'd like to see a version also available for the .22 Rough Riders as well.

(Hmm. I'm sensing a future project here.)

I didn't get the weight of the 45/410, but the "felt" weight to me was about the same as the Judge public defender, but the the grip is on the Heritage fit so much better that the balance of the gun made it feel "light" to me. I think it's one of the reasons why I liked it so much. The Judge I shot had a short grip on it and I was only able to wrap three fingers on it correctly where on the Heritage i was able to get my whole hand behind it. I did pick up a regular sized gripped version of the Judge and it did feel heavier to me than the Heritage.

Everything being suggestive, I have to be honest and say you should try it out for yourself when it comes out. It's the only way you'll really know.

As for me, the balance and the gripability of this gun really makes me want to try it out big time.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:52 pm 

I'm with you Ulmus.... I can't wait till it comes out so I can drool over it at my LGS!
I just like it better than the Judge because it has that Cowboy flare to it. :wink1:

As for heritage getting into rifles........ I still say they'd have a great niche if they produced the same quality at the same affordability as their other guns.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:32 pm 
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Sweet!

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:31 am 
Gunslinger
Gunslinger

Favorite Heritage: 6.5in. Blue 22 Combo
The combo .22 rifle idea sounds even better when you consider the new 9-shot cylinder.

As for the .45/.410 combo, I hope those grips are comfortable because they are ugly as warmed-over, homemade shi...well, you get the point. Of course, grips can be changed so that isn't enough to make it a no-go.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:04 am 
Scout
Scout

What kind of finish is on that? Looks like powder coat.
Honestly I could care less about the .45lc chambering, especially since I haven't seen that caliber in six plus months anyhow. But i've wanted a .410 revolver for snakes and pure fun. I'm liking that one but I'm thinking the price is a little too high :hmmmm:

Mike

Report this post